- Our website at www.amplificapital.com; and
- Personal information which we obtain or which you provide to us in connection with our business: the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision of business advisory, lending and other financial services.
WHO WE ARE
Amplifi is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 08641995), whose registered office is at 138 Holborn, London, England, EC1N 2SW. Amplifi is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with interim permissions to enter into a regulated credit agreement as lender, with firm reference number 661268.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us at: 033 3207 9961;
- e-mail us at ; or
write to us at 138 Holborn, Building 3, EC1N 2SW.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you access the Amplifi website or provide any information to us using the online forms provided, or over the telephone, or by electronic transfer, or in person to one of the Amplifi team, we may collect some or all of the following types of information:
- your name, date of birth, address, gender, telephone number, national insurance number, driving licence registration number and email address of either you, the directors or shareholders of your business or any guarantors in relation to a loan taken out by you or your business;
- the details of any leases which you or your business have entered into in respect of your business premises and any applicable business premises rates which are payable in connection with these;
- the details of any loans which you or any directors or shareholders of your business carry out through our website or in person; and
- any correspondence which is made between us and you or any directors or shareholders of your business.
When applying for one of our loans we will also collect information about you when assessing your application, for more on which see the Credit reference and fraud prevention checks section below.
Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the services provided through our website and we will not knowingly collect any personal information in respect of anyone under 18.
HOW WE MAY STORE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information listed above for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to our website and enable you to register for an online account;
- to enable you to make applications to become a borrower in respect of an Amplifi business loan;
- to let you know about our fees and charges;
to enable you to view details of our current loan products available;
- to make credit, fraud prevention and other similar enquiries into your financial standing in order to make lending decisions about you (see section 4 of this policy for more details);
- to collect repayments against any credit provided;
- for providing loan administration services such as tracking your payment history and providing statements, as well as audit and debt collection purposes;
- for any service or product development analysis, statistical or other purposes;
- to provide you with information, products and services which we provide which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you unless you tell us you do not want to receive this information;
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to other companies within our corporate group, our contractors or third parties in connection with any of the above activities;
- to third parties for marketing purposes, so that they might contact you with products and services which may be of interest to you. We will only disclose your personal information with your consent, and only to third parties which we have selected as suitable for you; where we are required to do so by any applicable law, for example where instructed to do so by any governmental body or law enforcement agency;
- to credit and / or collection agencies; and
- to any third party which acquires or has entered into negotiations with us to acquire all or substantially all of our business and assets, in connection with the acquisition.
Where you have given your consent for us to share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, but later change your mind, you should contact us and we will stop doing so as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
We may also separately transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for other operational reasons. Currently we , namely to India. Your personal data may therefore be processed by staff namely from Persistent Systems outside the EEA, namely in India, who work for us. Agreements with Persistent are in place to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure data. We impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data, including but not limited to Persistent Systems, to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. We may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION CHECKS
When you apply to Amplifi to take out a loan, Amplifi may check the following records about you and others:
- our own records;
- information in the public domain for the purpose of identifying any information relevant to your application, including but not limited to information you have made publically available on social media or other websites;
- records held by credit reference agencies ("CRAs"). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. CRAs supply both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information to us; and
- those at fraud prevention agencies ("FPAs").
We will make checks, such as assessing your loan application for credit and verifying agencies, to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. We may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage the financing of your loan.
If you are making a joint application on behalf of the directors of your business, we may link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about these directors. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and the directors’ their files until such time as you or your partners successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
Information on applications may be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you sign a loan agreement with us, we will give details of your account(s) and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you do not make your loan repayments in full and on time, CRAs may record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK. The information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
Their contact details are:
- TransUnion, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414;
- Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 2001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk; and
- Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk